Touching proceeding to energy efficient drives
The machine-builders are implementing energy efficient drives in kind of a mainly touching and examining proceeding. There are various realisations. The end-user and possible additional costs play thereby a role.
The track to energy efficient drives
25% intend changes
25% of over 220 asked machine-builders intend to implement energy efficient drives in the way stated above this year.
The machine-builders are implementing energy efficient drives in kind of a mainly touching and examining proceeding.
- ”One is checking the importance of using energy effi cient drives. This concerns the copper cage and the copper cables.“ (Textile machines)
More energy efficient motors
That is the right way for some of the machine builders.
- ”One would like to increase the efficiency of the AC motors because with high power range energy saving of 1% would account a lot of. The power range of the motors covers 0.5 to 5,000 kW.“ (Building, glass, ceramic machines)
- ”Energy effi ciency is realised by more newer, more modern servo drives.“ (Machine tools)
- ”At the roll slitter one wants to substitute asynchronous motors by permanentfield synchronous motors. High dynamics are not concerned but compact design and energy efficiency.“ (Printing/paper handling machines)
Turning constant to variable speed
- ”At 100 fans for the exhaust air a frequency converter will substitute the stardelta connection for reasons of energy efficiency.“ (Wood processing machines)
- ”The pole-changing main drive is to be changed to FC-drive. This concerns 1 axis at each machine. Thus one wants to achieve on the one hand more operator convenience by speed adjustment during production and to account for the desire regarding energy efficiency.“ (Textile machines)
Different feed back from end-users
A machine-builder describes the feed back from the F&B industry:
- ”The energy effi ciency is demanded ever more strongly by customers. Here
one will use above all more FC.“ (Food processing machines)
Waiting for the automotive industry is needed:
- ”Energy effi cient drives are not a topic that is forced by the plant engineering. One is waiting for the related specifications from the automobile industry. Whether they will demand energy efficient drive depends also on their spare part inventory etc. As soon as those demand will come up it won’t be a problem to start.“ (Robotics and automation)
The price policy
Are possible additional costs to be transferred to the customer?
- ”It is still undecided whether the additional costs should go on one’s own account or could be sold as a higher price to the customer.“ (Food processing machines)
- ”One is still considering whether to implement permanent-field motors or ACmotors up to 3 kW according to IEC. The customer must accept additional costs. Accordingly one will decide.“ (Conveyor)
- ”Energy effi cient drives are being checked. However, they will only be implemented by the company at no extra costs otherwise only, if the customer requiring them takes over the additional costs.“ (Robotics and automation)
- ”On customer's request one implements also energy effi cient drives of the highest performance class IE 3; the customer is additionally charged for 5000 Euro for a complete package.“ (Textile machines)
- ”With energy efficient drives one will establish an energy equalisation between traction and lift drive. Regeneration only on expressed customer's request.“ (Conveyor)
- ”As a measure of energy efficiency a regeneration unit will be implemented in order to use the braking energy for the other drives. This concerns up to a few step motors all drives likewise.“ (Textile machines)
- ”Energy efficiency is a topic as well and one would like to use it. One uses it via the regeneration, which offers only one of the three suppliers in use both for FC and servo drives. Therefore one uses the regeneration for all axes equipped with components of this manufacturer.“ (Packaging machines)
Supply of PM-motors not complete yet
Finally gaps still show up in the supply of energy effi cient drives.
- ”Regarding energy efficient drives one has highlighted “everything”. The supply of permanent-field motors poses question marks – not everything is available yet.“ (Food processing machines)
- ”One will implement energy-saving AC-motors beginning with small power ranges. The reason is that these small power ranges are already available so that one can make its experiences.“ (Machine tools)