Universal integrated safety engineering now for up to 12 axes
The integrated safety engineering for drives is the most favoured change in the drive technology by the machine-builders this year apart from the implementation of energy efficient drives. To this topic SEW-EURODRIVE has extended the safety module series MOVISAFE® UCS.B by two multi-axis safety modules.
Integrated safety now for up to 12 axes
March 28th, 2011 - These new modules contain an integrated logic processing enabling free linkage of inputs and outputs and modular extension modules for up to twelve axes.
Both logic modules provide
- a 7-segment display,
- a parameterization interface (RS-485) and
- digital in-/outputs, which are expandable on altogether 150 digital in-/outputs and 54 outputs by supplementary modules.
These multi-axis logic modules UCS50B and UCS51B cover almost all safety functions according to IEC 61800-5-2 and can simply and fast be installed with all converters by SEW.
Universal safety modules MOVISAFE® UCS.B
The multi-axis modules supplement the universally applicable safety modules of the series MOVISAFE® UCS.B.
This series enable
- to shorten noticeably the response times in case of emergency by continuous safe monitoring of movement, position and speed of the axis,
- to save up many mechanical safety devices
- to transmit optionally the output signals to a safety PLC.
The safety-related disengagement stops the drive according to its track by means of a programmable high-speed stop and activates the safe torque shut down (STO) after a time delay. In this way the axes are stopped at a defined place.
Of course the safe monitoring corresponds to DIN EN 61800-5-2 and permits to work in the danger area up to the highest safety requirement according to EN ISO 13849-1 Performance Level e (PL e).
Please email me your questions and inquiries or phone me on 00497251-75-0.
To the website of SEW-EURODRIVE.